Monday, July 29, 2013

Strawberry Fields Forever


Helloooo loved ones and extra-loved ones! How the heck are ya?! Un gros bisou to you all! I miss everyone so much. But! The good news is that I'll be seeing you all in one more year! I hit my year mark this week! All I ahve to say is... cray SQUARED. Missions go by way too fast. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess! So, to all of my homies who have forgotten that I exist... Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband. I gone find you. Do not procrastinate the day of your repentance! Send me some love and we'll be even. ;)

ANYWAY. This week was incredibly bittersweet. But, you know me and Sister Orozco. There were still PLENTY of adventures to be had! On our last P-Day together we decided to FINALLY hit up Old Quebec! And please don't tell anyone, but I may or may not have gotten a little choked up when I saw the Chateau Frontenac. Don't judge! It's like the equivalent of the Eiffel tower for this quaint little mission of mine. Quebec City really is beautiful. I am so blessed to be here. You have no idea! We had such a pleasant day prancing around town, taking selfies everywhere we went. AND I even ate McDo's for the first time in like 7 months. Mmm mmm good! My arteries were rejoicing! My chins jiggled in delight! Ha ha such a minor detail, but you have no idea how much I've missed those golden arches.

On Tuesday we had an even bigger adventure. One of my fave families in the ward invited us over for dinner, but because the ZLs snatched up all of our clicks we just HAD to take the ferry to get across the river for our mangez-vous. Well, we were running late as usual, and we desperately needed to catch the 5:30 ferry to get to our din din on time. So we're running down the harbor as fast as our chubby little missionary legs can carry us, looking like a couple of idiots, when suddenly a police brigade made us all stop. We were literally RIGHT across the street from the ferry, but the fuzz wouldn't let us budge! Sister Orozco was livid. But I was like, "Hey, we're going to be good citizens and wait right here. I don't want to get yelled at in some policeman dialect of Quebecois." So we're just chilling, and complaining and what have you, when suddenly a sleek black car turns the corner. Imagine my delight when SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY pops his head out the window and gives us a big old thumbs up! I. WAS. DYING!!! We were so thrilled we literally fell to the ground! I couldn't even breathe!!! I still get emotional just thinking about it! Aaaaah... such a tender mercy! Needless to say, we missed our ferry. But OHHH my gosh was it worth it! I still have goose bumps just thinking about it. This Beatles fan will die happy. :)

So after the Paul McCartney fiasco we took a delightful ferry ride across the river to the Riv Sud, had a pleasant evening with my favorite little Blouin family, and then we rode the ferry back home under the glorious light of the biggest full moon I have ever seen, with Old Quebec shining in the distance. It was the perfect last night for Sister Orozco, and a perfect way to end our perfect transfer together. 

The next morning we woke up bright and early to drive Sister Orozco to Montreal for the transfer. I had to go to a training meeting, so I got to make the three hour drive there and back! It was super fun to see Montreal again, but it made me realize just how much I love Quebec City. It was seriously the best to see all of my missionary peeps at the transfer. We're super isolated up in the Quebec Zone, so it was nice to see some different faces for a change. President Patrick gave the best training of my life, and then I met my greenie! Drum roll... I'm with Sister Rios! Get this. I CALLED IT! She's Sister Orozco's bestie from back home, so I've been hearing about her quite a bit this transfer. As Sister Orozco and I were leaving McDo's that morning (twice in one week... whoops..) I told her I was fairly confident that I would be taking Sister Rios under my wing. And I was right! And she is such a doll! I seriously won the lottery with this one! We are having too much fun together already. After the transfer we had to chill in Montreal because her luggage was lost, so that gave us the chance to visit some of my old haunts with a few other sisters and eat some poutine! Such a delight. If I'm starting to look like a beached whale in my pictures, it's because I AM! The mish has been NO BUENO on my bod. I'm EMBRACING it! Skinny sisters are boring anyway. Lol. Sister Rios and I didn't get home till 11 that night, but the road trip back  was oh so much fun. We chatted the night away, and the outskirts of Quebec were just glorious under the setting sun. 

We are doing so great! The fort tradition lives on, and this morning we started pancake P-Day! Man, I'm such a fun trainer! Good things are happening on the mission. I absolutely love what I'm doing out here! Today I took Hermana Rios to see Old Quebec, and that was just as wonderful as ever. Next week we're going to visit the exhibit "Paris en Scene." Can't wait! 

Well now.... BIGGEST SHOUT OUT OF MY LIFE to my favorite cousin LAURSSSS!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday, and HAPPY MISSION DEPARTURE! I could not be more proud of you, my little grizzly bear! You are going to rock it! I am so happy for your decision to serve a mission, and I know soooo deep down within my soul that this is what you are meant to be doing. You are going to bless and strengthen so many people! Give 'em heaven, Sister Johnson! You are my shining star, and I know you will bring so much light to the good people of Panama City!

Anyway, good luck to everyone in their endeavors! I love you all sooooo much! Really, I miss everyone more than I can handle sometimes. Please everyone stay safe and have a great week! Hugs and kisses to you all! Take care! Until next time,

Soeur Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment