Monday, July 15, 2013

Hello from Paradise

July 8, 2013

Hello from Paradise

Bonjour familiaaaa and amigas (because let's be honest, all of my male compadres are on missions or non-existent)! I hope everyone had a FAB 4th of July! It sounds like you all had WAY too much fun without me. Oh well, all is forgiven. We are just living it up here in the QC! Seriously, this place is a dream. I cannot even contain my happiness some days! I hope everyone is doing just as great in my little old P-town! I sure do miss you all. Sending love and sunshine and rainbows your way!

Alright, so let me brag about how awesome Sister Cutler and the CMM are. Last V-Day we had a grand adventure with all of the sisters in the zone. Oh my, let me tell you. PAR-TAY! Our new mission president was coming in the next day, so we had a gang of girls sleep over at the house. So much fun, as always! So here in Quebec City there is this little place called Montmorency Falls. And let me tell you, it is gorgeous! Not quite the grandeur of Niagra Falls (although Quebeckers will claim that it is taller than Niagra Falls...lies, probably...) but it was SPECTACULAR! We got to go on a gorgeous hike (which I desperately needed) and then bask in the mist on the way down. We were DRENCHED! But it was the closest to swimming I'm every going to get, so I'll take it. Afterward we went to this little slice of heaven called Chocolat Favoris, which is just a recipe for disaster if you're a sister missionary who wants to look like something other than the Michelin Man when she gets back. BUT! It was worth it, of course. Belgian chocolate-dipped cones. BE JEALOUS! It was divine.

The next day we finally met the new mission president and his wife! Oh yes, and six of their eight children. SOOOOO PRECIOUS! Their family is adorable. I'm really looking forward to my time with them. They have a 9-year-old daughter that reminded me of my sweet Lily, so I was getting a little trunky... (ha ha... what's new?) but seriously, it is SUCH a delight to have kids in the mission! She went up to me and asked, "Are you related to Elder Cutler?" and I said, "I guess you could say that. Actually, Elder Cutler and I are secretly married. Don't tell your dad." HA HA LOLZZZZ! I crack myself up. Elder Cutler was not amused. But I LOOOOOVE to make elders blush, so it was worth it. Ha ha little kids are fun to tease. As well as elders. I need to reign myself in! But I can't help it if I'm letting my light shine.

The rest of the week was just wonderful! We were invited to have dinner with my favorite family again (the Rodhains) which meant we got to take a beautiful Sunday drive through the mountains. Seriously, my favorite. This couple is incredible. They came with us to two lessons this week, and my goodness do they bring the spirit. After our dinner they drove all the way out to an appointment with us, and it was one of the best lessons I've ever had on my mission. Seriously, I can't get enough of these two. So many miracles out here! I am feeling light and love and warmth radiating all around me. Another favorite family in the ward invited us over for dinner this week as well, and they found out that I love poetry... and that I've been feeling deprived of poetry... (Preach My Gospel is sooooo edifying and inspiring, but I need some Keats in my life right now). So we sat together on a beautiful summer evening and they read me French poetry. Such a delight! I'm living the life of leisure out here. ;)

Anyway, I hope you all had a great week! If I think of any other adventures I'll let you know. We built a fort again and watched Legacy last night. Mmmmm.... that's as close to romance as I can get on the mission. I'll take it! That David Walker is a dream boat! Ha ha well, I hope you are all enjoying yourselves on your vacations and parties and whatever else you're doing without me. I'll get over it. Just be PUMPED for when I get back! We will be partying for DAYS! Well, take care, my loves! I miss you and love you all! Big hugs from Hermana Cutler! Bye bye for now!

Love,


S-Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment