Saturday, December 28, 2013

Oh the Weather outside is Frightful

Hello familia and friends! How is everyone doing on this week of Christmas? I'm literally counting down the minutes to my phone call home. Can. Not. WAIT! It's going to be such a fun week, filled with fiestas and bouche de Noel. I'm going to become a bouche de Noel by the end of all of this, probably. Meh. Go big or go home big, eh? Anyway, I'm wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, and a fabbbbbulous New Year! Dear single friends: rack up some New Year's kisses in my honor, okay? I'll be expecting stories. I've got some mistletoe in my apartment but so far no luck... ;)

To start things off, I would just like to dedicate some time to my favorite sister bear on the planet.... LILY! Happy Birthday, my sweet! I love you forever and ever! I can't believe you are now EIGHT years old! It feels like you've always been here.... ha ha. Sister Guevara and I yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILY!!!! super loud inside our apartment on Saturday morning, but you probably couldn't hear us. At least our neighbor did! Anyway, I hope your day was special and filled with bon bons and plenty of attention. Save me some Bombay House! If you leave it in the back of the fridge I'll come home to claim it in about 7 months. Lily, I love you and I hope you know that I think you are the cat's meow. HAPPY B-DAY, beautiful!

In other news.... we had a baptism this Saturday! In honor of Lily's 8th birthday. :) Our ami Guy was FINALLY able to get baptized! I do not think I have seen a happier man in all my life. He was practically a member of the ward to begin with. Pretty sure he's like assistant to the bishopric or something.... ;) Really though, it was such an incredible day. He had to get baptized THREE times, but hey, he'd been waiting for so long that he deserved at least three baptisms. Guy's the man! I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. In French. And I totally ROCKED IT! Ha ha even though my French is terrible.... Still! The spirit always wins out in the end. His baptism was the most attended baptism in the history of convert baptisms in the Quebec ward. I was so touched to see so many members come out and give him support. It was a very happy winter solstice, and a bright spot on the darkest day of the year.

Earlier that afternoon our mission president thought it would be fun to take our whole zone out caroling. Can you imagine a group of like twenty something missionaries standing outside your door singing Christmas songs? HEAVEN! Well.... we got a door slammed in our face. Ha ha. President looked a little surprised. And all of us Quebec missionaries were like.... Welcome to life in Quebec! Ha ha. Still, it was super fun to be congregated with a bunch of missionaries, and there were at least three people who radiated with joy as we sang to them. I'd say it was a very successful day!

We also had a soup dinner with the Relief Society, and miracle of miracles.... my favorite Haitian member was there! We've been working and praying so hard to get her to come back to the church, if only just to be with the sisters and receive love, support, and fellowship again. I was so happy! And she was a complete riot. We were all discussing dinner calendar issues for the missionaries, and someone asked if it was alright to have the elders over if you were a single woman. She is super outspoken, which I love, so she just says, "I have my elders over all the time. But when they come to MY house, they need a chaperon... because they're afraid the cougar will POUNCE!" Ha ha ha ha. I just loved that. That's going to be me in another fifteen years. CAN'T WAIT!

So that's the week that was! It was just such an amazing week, filled with miracles and Christmas joy and happiness. I survived a massive snowstorm yesterday, BTW. Church was completely cancelled, but missionary work wasn't. I think I had five near death experiences in my car.... please pray for me! Or pray that my leaders soften their hearts and let me stay inside when it's a blizzardin. I love you all! I hope you all have a very, very, very, very MERRY CHRISTMAS! I do so wish I could be there. I will be in spirit, anyway. Lots of love and HUUUUUUUUUUGE hugs! Bisou bisou! Ho ho ho!

Love,

Sista Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment