Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thriving in the CMM



JOYEUX PRINTEMPS! I hope the weather back home was as glorious this week as it was here. My spirit is soaring! I'm waiting for the snow to come back and wake me up from this dream. This week the unthinkable happened--I left my coat at home! And I soaked up some delicious Vitamin D! Such a perfect weekend. The warm weather also prompted me to shave my legs for the first time since the MTC, so that was good...I guess. DON'T JUDGE ME. My companion is European! I couldn't help it. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the delights of the season. Go on a nature walk in my honor! And then send me the pictures. I miss my beloved Utah spring. I hope you are all making the most of it!

So this week was INSANE! (Ha, what else is new?) Missions are the greatest. Last Monday I had my first and LAST zone activity. P-Days in the CMM will now be segregated, meaning the elders can no longer have activities with the sisters, MEANING I will no longer get to flirt with said elders, MEANING I will have a very difficult time finding my future spouse out here, MEANING there is absolutely no reason for me to be on a mission at this point. Ha, but seriously, I'm quite torn up about the whole thing. I guess elder crushes have been running rampant ever since a little slice named Sister Cutler arrived at the CMM. So... I take full responsibility for the whole thing. But I can't help it that I'm popular... Ha ha okay, okay. I'm kidding. My vanity meter is through the roof right now! In all seriousness though, I find the whole segregated P-Day thing appalling on so many levels, but I'll spare you the Sylvia rant. My sweet companion is still recovering from my tirade, poor thing. Nevertheless, we are both SO FRUSTRATED and I fully intend to create as many elder crushes as possible from now on. I don't need Big Booty or activities to make the elders love me. I mean, I'm Sylvia Cutler, DANGIT! Can't stop this. Anyway, our last zone activity was a riot! Probably too much of a riot. We went to the Biodome, which was heavenly and OH SO MUCH fun with OH SO MANY opportunities to flirt with les elders. LOL. It was fun to spend time with the elders from my zone outside of the kitchen, and I think I am finally forgiven for the Hawaiian Haystacks incident. The Biodome is super cool! Fish, penguins, gators, porcupines, parrots. Elders. Fish. Nature inside its unnatural habitat. Je l'aime! It was a glorious day, until disaster struck. I was bragging to my dear friend Elder Mortenson that Sister Foniciello and I had never gotten separated on the metro, making fun of him for losing his greenie on the metro earlier that day. He says, "Just for that, I bet you anything you and your companion will lose each other on the metro tonight." HA. Fat chance. Fast forward two hours later, we're getting on the metro with huge bags of groceries, when suddenly I realize that my arm, my companion, and my groceries are behind the metro doors, but my body is not. The door shuts on my hand. SO PAINFUL. I manage to throw my bags at Sister Foniciello, pull my hand out just in time and watch helplessly as my horrified green and the metro disappear into the tunnel.

My life flashes before my eyes. There I am, for the first time in three months, completely and utterly alone. In the metros. Sans companion. No cell phone. No clue what the heck I'm doing. The very first thin I think of? "LOOOOLLLLLZ! I can't wait to tell Elder Mortenson that he was right!" Aaah so funny. Until I realized that I had no idea what our game plan was if we were to get separated. ...So, long story short, God answers prayers. But what a trip! Never, ever again. I'm going to be much more responsible from now on. Let's just say though that it was the darkest twenty minutes of my life.

In other news, I also got to go to the beautiful land of Terrebonne on exchanges with my mommy, Sister Cantu. SO FUN! I finally got to see what this province actually looks like. In other words, GORGEOUS! I WILL serve in that area one day. Preferably in the fall when all of the forests surrounding the Ile Mille river change color. Canada is beautiful! Exchanges with my cute trainer were so great. The FIRST and only door we knock, guess what I get for her. An investidater! Haitian too. And super sexy. Ha ha for some reason Sister Cantu and I can only get investidaters when we're together. BAD MATCH, I tell you. I guess it was for the best that we were separated. ;) But he was a cool guy! He asked if we were allowed to get married, and I was like, "HECKS YEAH I'm getting married when I'm out of this place!" And he just sat there gazing at me intently, sly smile on his face, wheels obviously turning in his head. So good news! I found myself a husband! Who needs elder crushes when you can marry your investigators? All is well in the CMM.

Sad/glad/bittersweet news... I'm having another baby! Sister Foniciello is heading up to Quebec City to work on her Spanish and I will be training a cute new greenie! Maybe I'll get it right this time. ;) I'm horribly sad that I won't be with Sister Foniciello anymore, but I'm glad I have another chance to train. Gosh, I'm popping out babies left and right out here! But I love training sooo much! Hopefully it will go well this transfer. I'll keep y'all updated!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great week! Things are going great out here. I'm sure everyone is more relaxed and happy and more than able to send me letters now that finals are over, eh? 

SHOUT OUT to Shannon who will be leaving for her mission this week! Bon courage! Missions are incredible. You will be amazing! Also, BIGGEST SHOUT OUT OF ALL TIME to my main squeeze Robin Uata! No one told me that my boiii got his mission call?! I am weeping over here! But no, I kid you not. I really am! Sooo much happiness! Phillipinos are THE BEST PEOPLE in the entire world. The very, very best. If I could pick any place to serve other than here, it would be the Phillipines. ROBIN! You are going to be amazing and bless so many lives! I am soooo proud and so happy! This really is the perfect mission for you. I know it with all of my heart! Going on a mission will be the best decision you will ever make in your life. Besides being friends with me, of course. But a very close second! When does Robin leave? Someone tell me! Why am I so out of the loop out here?

Sending sun rays and happiness everyone's way! I love you all and miss you even more! Peace and blessings!

Love,

Sister Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment