Thursday, January 23, 2014

Metro Babe-Tron

Hey, sweet peas! How goes the work? Oooooommmm... sigh.... I do believe this was the LONGEST week of my life. So much happened that I don't even know where to begin! I may or may not be losing my mind out here haha. 2014 is going to be a doozy!

So you're probably wondering why I'm in a tailspin right now. Well, this week was just insane. But a GOOD insane, so don't fret after me! We had to do two missionary exchanges, two zone trainings, AND our interviews with the mission president. PARTY! We were literally ALL over the place. But our zone trainings were out of this world, and we practically made them up on the spot. So honestly I can't complain about this week. I'm amazing and I know it. ;)

On Monday night last week we treated ourselves to Cantonese food in Chinatown, anticipating that we definitely would deserve it by the end of our treacherously busy week. From there we prepared ourselves for what would be my first exchange as a sister training leader. Oh my. I LOVED IT! It was super fun to be in a new area with a hip sister showing me around the east end of Montreal. I got to go contacting in the metros for the first time in nearly eight months! The creepers all threw their grungy 90's era coats upon the ground for me to walk across the winding corridors of damp, dark metro. Hee hee. Not really. But I DID get a lot of double takes. ;) We actually had way tons of fun and I was overjoyed to see how much better I've gotten at talking to people since the last time I was in public transportation. I met a super cool Muslim guy who I chatted up about Lord of the Rings for like 20 minutes, somehow managing to tie it back to the gospel and eternal families, and now he's interested in meeting with the missionaries! TOTAL success! Another highlight was meeting a totally cool girl from France who had her entire day brightened by talking with us. I forgot how much I enjoy not hiding out in my car. Of course, I didn't like the fact that my booty was in sheer agony from walking, running, standing, and climbing stairs all day, so I would be lying if I didn't express how overjoyed I was to plant myself in the car by the end of the day. ;)

On Wednesday we got to do some actual member-missionary work. "hasteningtheworkofsalvation OH MY! It was AWESOME! So a few weeks ago a man asked one of the members if he could pay the church $300 to park his car in the church parking lot for two weeks. Well, the member thought of something better. He told the man he could park for free, but that in exchange he would have to take two missionary discussions. BRILLIANT! So that's where we found ourselves Wednesday night. The man told us straight out that he didn't believe in God, but he had no choice but to listen to us. We started talking about the joys he has experienced being a father, and his heart was totally softened by the spirit. Sister Sherwood and I are 100 percent sure that he was converted in the first lesson, but he's afraid. He was downloading the church library like crazy at the end of the lesson, but he still says he doesn't believe in anything. We'll see about that. :)

On Saturday Sister Sherwood and I did something called Zumba proselyting. It's exactly what it sounds like. We have permission-ish to test out going to our ward's Zumba classes and working out with the women there because there are like a bazillion nonmembers in our chapel every week. And it was AMAZING! I danced my heart out and dropped it like it was hot! Aaaaah. So good! But today I am totally feeling the burn. Like, we can't even walk. But hey, my body is a sacrifice to the Lord for the next seven months, right? It will definitely be worth it when I have a super toned bod and someone gets baptized. ;)

On Sunday we had ANOTHER miracle. A member was at the clinic one day and invited a lady next to her to come to church. Well, all throughout sacrament meeting they talked about Priesthood blessings, and this woman had a really rough life and wanted to know why these blessings were so special. So the stake president invited her to receive a blessing after church! What the? Who does that? She isn't even our investigator yet! #hasteningtheworkofsalvation After the meetings she received one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever heard, from the stake president himself. And he told her, and I QUOTE, "You have the best missionaries in the entire world." Yes. That's right. So we've been spreading that quote around the mission now. ELDERS BE JEALOUS!

This week was fantastic, to say the least. Just SUPER busy! But I'm living and loving and growing every minute. Even if it is only horizontally. I hope you are all feeling fabulous! I love and adore you all and wish I could be with you right now! :( Boooo. But I'm coming up on my year mark, so it really won't be too long now. Roll out the fatted calf! I can't wait to see you all one day. But until then, have a great week! Lots of love and hugs coming your way!

Love,

Soeur Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment