Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Away to Montreal (AGAIN!)


Jan 13, 2014

Hello, my sweet angels! How oh how are you doing? Comment ca va? Quoi de neuf? On my side of the world right now, I currently can't decipher which way is up and which is down! It has been just about the craziest week of my mission. I'm finally here in LaSalle! And falling in love with it already. The members are BEYOND FABULOUS, the people we work with are completely stellar, and my new compy is just about as crazy as I am. I'd say it's shaping up to be a wonderful transfer. :)

The bad news is that Quebec City still holds a large piece of my heart. Sighhhh... saying goodbye was a complete nightmare. I think I felt just as sad leaving Quebec as I did when I left on my mission almost a year ago. That just tells you how much I adore those people and that place. My favourite fame of all time gave me so much love and attention in those short days that remained after the transfer call.  I knew I would have to say goodbye eventually, but seven months in a place with people that you love creates some pretty deep roots. Plucking myself from the ground that I love was no easy task, but don't worry your little hearts out. It will all be alright in the end!
And besides, Quebec City DID tow my car two days before I left, leaving me a big fat ticket as my goodbye present, so that at least softened the blow of leaving SOMEWHAT. ;)

Okay, the sob fest is over. I really do LOVE being back in Montreal. My area is adjacent to my very first area out here, so it honestly feels like I never left! The day of the transfer was definitely one to remember. My lovely missionary friends of Quebec and my dearest, sweetest, most lovable and huggable greenie Soeur Guevara all saw me, Soeur Bourdon, and Elder Hernandez off at the bus station bright and early Wednesday morning. Three hours previously Sister Guevara and I were still awake packing, so needless to say I was completely exhausted. Yeah... don't try packing all of your belongings the night before if you've been living somewhere for the past seven months..... You know me though. ALWAYS procrastinating! :)

I intended to sleep on my three hour journey to Montreal, but I ended up sitting next to Elder Hernandez. And... you know me. The three hours that were supposed to be used for a nap ended up being used for flirting...er...I mean..cougin....ehhh...I mean... chatting with my dear friend from the Ste Foy. At one point he said, "Don't you wish elders and sisters could go on splits?" And I was like, "Hmm... be careful what you wish for, Elder." When we got to Montreal we had to take all five thousand pounds of our luggage with us in the metros to the mission office. Setting foot back in the metros after 7 months was an indescribable feeling. It was honestly like I had never left. The smells, the dampness, the sounds, the Muslim man next to me on the platform winking at me... it was as if I could hear the chants of all creepy middle aged old men saying, "Welcome home, Sister Cutler! Welcome home. Ha ha. The best. So it was inevitable that ONE of us would get separated from the travel group. Turns out it was Sister Bourdon.... haha. For a good fifteen minutes I found myself all alone in downtown Montreal with Elder Hernandez, just the two of us. SCANDALOUS! But hey, his wish came true. Pretty sure every elder here dreams of being on splits with me, so he should feel honored. It was quite the experience, to say the least. ;)

So LaSalle is great! The people we work with are so incredibly awesome. We have an investigator who has bear decor all over his apartment, and more chest hair than Austin Powers. He is seriously awesome. I can tell he's going to become my new best friend. We teach like 20 less active lessons a week out here, so the work is going to be a bit different. I'm super excited though and remember how much I adore the diversity of Montreal. Tonight I'm going to be taking one of the Montreal sisters on splits, so I'll be back in the metros today! Bahhhh... Pray for me PLEASE. Not a big fan of metro contacting haha.

Anyway, that's the week that was! I'm currently in the Apple Store jamming out to Blondie, so I better get going. I'm getting dirty looks from the employees, and I don't blame them. Aaaaah mission life! The best! Take care, everybody! I love you all so very, very much. Smooches and hugs! Have a great January!

Love,

Soeur Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment