Thursday, October 10, 2013

#ReliefSociety

Bonjour, lovers! Qu'est-ce que vous faites du bon? (Newest Quebecois phrase I learned this week from a sketchy old man in a McDonald's parking lot. He added "ce soir" at the end. Nice.) Anyway! I hope you are all doing well. I just need to say AGAIN how much I love and miss and cherish you all! Not a day goes by that I don't think about my fabulous family and friends supporting me on the other side. I hope you are all living life to the fullest and enjoying the world's most beautiful autumn in the history of autumns. Then again, maybe that's only how it is out here in La Belle Province. I literally have to stop the car every five seconds to take a picture of the beautiful fall scene that I'm in. On Wednesday Sister Rios and I were invited chez Rodhain, which meant driving through the mountains alongside rivers in a vast array of fall colors and glorious sunshine. Whilst listening to All Creatures of Our God and King. Don't tell anyone, but I was moved to tears. I'm telling you, this sister missionary could not be more blessed!

This week was soooo crazy! We are just tearing it up out here. I've been thinking a lot recently about what I was doing this exact time last year. Little did I know that the prophet would be making his historic announcement, giving me the glorious gift of missionary service nearly a year earlier than I expected. This time last year Daniel and I were road tripping to Las Vegas and California, seeing Jenny Lewis and Conor Oberst in concert, studying for a massive exam in Professor Cutler's class here and there, but mostly just watching pirated videos of Downton Abbey on my well-beloved laptop all night long while I "tried" to go to sleep. Those were the days! Now I'm here in beautiful Quebec City, nearly halfway through my mission, getting irritated with elders and eating a microwaved Michelina's Penne Pollo. GOOD STUFF! Ha ha really though, I wouldn't have my life any other way. This Sunday will mark a year since that announcement, and Sister Rios and I will be baptizing a beautiful 12 year old girl and a remarkably talented 14 year old boy from a family that is reactivating in the church. I'm so blessed! Looking back to last fall, I never would have dreamed of the possibility of enjoying these special experiences right now.

So funny story of the week! We taught the Law of Chastity with our Zone Leaders to our good friend who has been coming back to church since the beginning of summer. Can I just say... acca awkward?! Ha ha you all know I secretly LOVE awkward moments like this, but my goodness. This was on a whole new level of awkward. I'm becoming the world's biggest prude! And the elder's would just sit there during the most awkward moments because they were even bigger prudes than me! Ha ha don't know where I'm going with this story... guess it was one of those moments you had to be there for. Still, it was a killer lesson. But from this day forward, elders will never be invited to teach the Law of Chastity with me ever, EVER again. 

Let's see... what else happened this week. Oh yes! #ReliefSociety broadcast! Man, good stuff right there!!! I especially enjoyed the talk given by Linda S. Reeves. That woman gets it! If you missed out or if you are a brethren and didn't watch it, I strongly encourage you to do so. Also, President Monson was fabulous, as always. Sister Bourdon, Sister Foniciello, Sister Rios and me SCREAMED and cheered when President Monson gave a shout out to his old mission (QUEBEC!!!). The sistas in the ward looked at us like we were crazy, but we really love Quebec to pieces. The whole event was absolutely fabulous. Our Relief Society put on a dinner before the broadcast, and it was just oh so good to sit with my old Riv Sud ward members and the Quebec City ward members and chat, sisterhooding it up. Gosh, I love Quebec City. I cannot TELL you how much I love Quebec City. If I didn't miss you all to pieces, I might just stay here forever and ever.

Well, I hope you all have a glorious week! I'm just over here geeking out for General Conference. 3-day P-DAY!!! Ha ha but no lie. It will be so, so wonderful. Cross your fingers for a Quebec City temple! ;) I just want to tell you all again how much I love you and miss you. I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful season. Also, BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT to my baby doll and favorite cousin in the universe JESSICA for being 16!!!! What the?! Too much for me to handle right now! I hope you have the most wonderful, wonderful birthday tomorrow! Try not to get too crazy. :) When in doubt, ask WWSD? What Would Sylvia Do? ...Hmm..actually, bad idea. Never mind. ;)  Have so much fun! I love you! Anyway, take care everyone! Smooches and hugs!


Love,
Sis Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment