Thursday, October 10, 2013

Over the River and Through the Woods

Mi babies!!! How the heck are you all doing? My goodness. How was everyone's conference weekend? Mine was just too good to be true! Not many missionaries get to have a baptism of two adorable adolescents and watch General Conference on the same day. I was in missionary heaven! So really, I don't think this soeur can complain. ;)  I hope everyone is avoiding the flu and all of the nasty viruses going around. My comp got hit pretty hard this week, but she was a trooper. So go dose yourself with an Orange Julius and a little vitamin C, eh?

So this week, if you can't already guess, went exceptionally well. I'm just boppin around, rolling around with my spare Canadian tire, meeting the cutest little Quebecers and having a jolly old time. This week our Sister Training Leaders came and stayed with us and I fed them all of my Double Stuff'd Oreos. I'm starting to look more and more like a Double Stuff'd Oreo each day, so I was feeling charitable. I rigaled them with stories about the Swedes, doing my Swedish accents and talking about all of the craaaaay dating experiences I've had. Yeah. I'm pretty sure we're the favorite sisters in the mission. It's always a party with the Quebec sistas! During our exchanges we ran into a Catholic Priest and his roommate.. while knocking doors. He said he'd heard of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. So guess what us sneaky sisters did... we invited him to G-Con! And they actually showed up! Ha ha good stuff. It was the last session when the choir did sing that much. Still, I deserve some serious cred for getting a Catholic priest from QUEBEC CITY, no less, into a Mormon church.

We had adventure after adventure the entire week, from one day to the next! Our baptism was so precious. This brother and sister are quite possibly the cutest people I have ever met. The whole family is precious, really. I was able to bear my testimony at the baptism, which was super special because exactly a year ago that day I found out I could serve a mission. And there I was, a year later, bearing my testimony at the baptism of the sweetest family I have ever met. Gosh, I am sooooo incredibly blessed to be out here at this time! I wouldn't have it any other way. I could stay on the mission forever, but then I remember that I miss you all terribly and I want to exploit RMs and get free frozen yogurt, so I know the day will come that I'll have to lay aside my missionary badge. But for now, I'll keep enjoying these beautiful leaves and these beautiful people and miss you all from afar! And don't worry, I still think about everyone often and I miss you all terribly.

For the Saturday morning session of conference we went and watched on our good friend Lucie's pirated American television... is that a sin? Meh. She enjoyed it! She loves BYUtv and the prophet and everything about the church, but she doesn't want to get baptized. ONE DAY! I'll get her in that font if it's the last thing I do... echoing the voices of 20 years of other missionaries. But really, she is just the world's biggest gem! We baked a frozen pizza sprinkled with fresh basil from the garden, and pigged out on Doritos while watching conference in our slippers. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed that! I almost felt like I was home. :) I would have to say that of all of the conferences, the first two sessions were the best. But really, you know you're a missionary when you think more about the talks in terms of how they can help your investigators than yourself. Ha ha no lies. The talks were good for everyone though, including me. I think Elder Holland's was my fave, but I also loved Uchtdorfs... can't decide. The elders all know I'm a feminist so they were grilling me a lot this conference, but I kept a lot of opinions to myself. Sister Rios and I are going to go watch the Priesthood Session for studies tomorrow. I heard it was super amazing, as always!

Well, that's about it for this week! I had a lot happen but this letter would go on for hours if I documented all of the fun things we did. Today we're going to go play Quilles, which is like "mini" bowling. Something bizarre. Only in Quebec! I just wanted to let you all know that I love you to PIECES and that I think about you more than is good for me. Also, SHOUT OUT of all SHOUT OUTS to Tara, Vanessa, and Karenna for the BEST birthday package a girl could ask for! I was laughing my chins off allllll night! And I added to the chins by eating all of the junk that you gave me. Not helpful, but I FEEL THE LOVE! You girls are the best. I am sooooo incredibly lucky! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also, SHOUT OUT to Grandma Nelson for all of the birthday candies you sent me! I don't think I'll be starving anytime soon. :) Gotta get my winter coat started! Lolz. Well, I love you all to Jupiter and back! Have an exceptional week! Smooches and loves! Missing you all.


Love,

Baby Sy
l

No comments:

Post a Comment