Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Serenity Now

Hello, hello, hello to all my cherished friends and loved ones! Comment ça va? Quoi de neuf? Est-ce que je vous manque? Aaaah! Wow, can I just start this email by saying how much I love you all? I really, really do. I can't even begin to describe it. I just felt like starting this letter off by letting everyone know that I miss them terribly. The fall transition is bringing back a lot of good memories, so excuse me while I trunk out a bit.... Okay, I'm over it. Still miss you all though! I hope everyone is doing well and getting settled in now that school is in full swing.
Alright, on to my AMAZING week! Seriously, every week as a missionary is amazing. ESPECIALLY for Quebec missionaries. I feel sorry for people serving anywhere else. ;) So this week our "namaste, serenity now, yoga loving, veganesque" investigator had this crazy idea to have one of our discussions out in nature. Soeur Cutler was DEFINITELY alright with that. He has an amazing river that he found hidden in the middle of our neighborhood, so we took our whole crew out there and talked about faith being like a seed. Very fitting for the little scene we found ourselves in. Oh my. It was GLORIOUS! He has this amazing spot by the river in this shroud of beautiful trees, all transitioning in an array of magnificent autumn colors. On the other side of the river there is a small waterfall cascading softly into the rushing current. I'm telling you, I could die of happiness out here. We had such an amazing experience. I insisted that we sing "For the Beauty of the Earth," which immediately brought me into a wistful reverie of days spent watching Little Women, pretending to be suffering from some ailment or other so that I could stay home from school. Ha ha good times. But really, it was just the greatest moment of my entire mission. I know without a doubt that I am totally where I'm supposed to be right now. After our lesson the full moon came out, and let me tell you. Heaven on earth! It was spectacular. Our ami had these super high def amazing binoculars back at his house, so we went there before the night was over and observed the full moon in all its splendor. Overall, I'd say that was the kick-off to one fabulous week.
Right now we are teaching the sweetest part-member family. The two young adolescents in the family haven't been baptized yet, and they are just about the cutest kids on the planet. They should be getting baptized conference weekend, so we're excited for that! Nothing better than conference and a baptism on the same day! It should be fun. I love Quebec City more than I can handle sometimes. I'm not sure how long I have left here, but I'm loving every single minute with my favorite Quebecois crew. My French has slowly transformed into Quebecois now, and I'm guessing Quebec City will make the transition complete by the time I leave. I hope you can all understand my French when I get back! If not, c'est pas tes affAAAAIRRRRes!
One last thing. I just would like everyone to know that I finally had my eyebrows waxed today. Why am I telling you all this story? I will tell you why, so that you can understand the sacrifices I'm making to be a missionary. Now, we all know that I already sacrificed my beautiful ballerina figure. That's old news. That went months ago. But. What you might not know is that I also sacrificed my beautifully manicured eyebrows to serve the Lord. Let me tell you, I have never felt so awful in my life. A sister in the MTC told me that there was NEVER EVER time for me to go get my eyebrows done on the mission. EVER. I needed to keep my eye single to the glory of God. That seemed to make sense, so I decided, "Well, if I'm only going to keep one eye single to the glory of God, I might as well have one eybrow to go along with it." Ha ha so I started plucking a few hairs as occassion would permit. ...Well, you know me. Over the course of my mission I ended up plucking ALL of my eyebrows off! I looked like a little white girl from the hood starting middle school. It was ridiculous! So for the past three and a half months I have been dilligently growing them out, refraining from using my tweezers with all of the will power I possess. I went from little chica in middle schoool to full on CAVE WOMAN by the end of this awful battle. Anyway, to make a long story less long, I finally found a place to have my eyebrows waxed. And today, I can honestly tell you, that I feel like a new woman. You wouldn't even recognize me! There CAN be miracles when you believe! Ha ha.  I just really wanted you all to bask in this moment with me. I'm smiling and giving seductive eyes to everyone I see! That was the worst 9 months of my life. Never again will I let myself go like that!
Well, that's all for now! I hope everyone is having a splendid week! And also, GREAT BIG SHOUT OUT to my favorite Aunt Shannon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY last week! I unfurled the birthday banner you sent me in honor of you! Hooray for September birthdays! I hope it was a good one. :) Anyway, I hope everyone is doing stellar! I miss you all like crazy and just know that you are all tearing it up out there in the states! Love, peace, and blessings to all. Namaste!
Love,
Soeur Cutlerrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment