Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quebec...QUOI?!


Ca va biaaanng, famille? Aah! How are you all doing? I feel like I have literally dropped off the face of the earth. This was probably the longest week of my life, but I am in LOVE with this new area! Quebec City is a DREAM! I have a car! And a hottie companion! And all of the EFY music I could ever ask for! Things are looking up. I hope everyone is doing just fabulous and enjoying their lovely summer days. Any news on the home front? First of all I would just like to say... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the most stellar papa bear in the WORLD! I would just like everyone to know that my dad is brilliant, poetic, soulful, transcendent, and oh so charming. I LOVE YOU DAD! I hope everyone had a great Father's Day. I really wish I could have been there to share in the love. Shout out to dads everywhere!

Alright, so let me tell you about my insane week! Leaving my sweet Montreal was HARD. I never thought I would get so emotional about leaving an area, but I put my blood, sweat, and tears into that place. On Tuesday I had my final lesson with my dearest and favorite investigator Vince. He is doing SO well. I had to leave him with the Word of Wisdom lesson. Definitely my least favorite lesson, but he took it so well and is incredibly motivated to give up smoking and other habits. That was a truly rewarding experience for me. I have watched this man come such a long way in the past few months, so I suppose it was a good way to go. Still, he cried, I cried, Sister Varela cried. Imagine a big, gruff Italian man getting choked up saying goodbye to a sister missionary. And THAT is why I love my mission. So many miracles out here! I can't complain.

Wednesday morning came and one of my fave sisters, Sister Balanos, made me apple banana pancakes before my departure. We sang French hymns all morning and got all emotional, I said goodbye to our mansion and to memories of an awful landlord and an unruly toilet, and then I was off! Said goodbye to my fab district at transfers, got Sister Varela with her cute new greenie (SO PROUD!) and then I was whisked away onto a bus with seven other elders. Uhhh... can you say PARTAY for Sister Cutler?! Ha ha j-play. None of that. I sat by an elder that I suspect has a crush on me. He says, "Sister Cutler, how does it feel to not have a companion right now?" And I coyly turned to him and said, "What are you talking about, Elder? You're my companion right now." You should have seen how red he turned! Ha ha. Priceless. I've still got it! It was a pleasant drive though. I heard his life story. Twice. For three hours, but hey, the scenery was BEAUTIFUL! Quebec really is a gorgeous province. 

And now here I am in Quebec City! My companion is Sister Orozco, and she is GORGEOUS, and a GEM, and seriously SUCH a riot! We've had more laughing attacks than I can count. Seriously, this girl is awesome. I am so blessed, dang it! I'm still adjusting to this area, and she has been SO patient with me. And um... I don't speak French. I thought I did, but I don't. Okay, scratch that. I can speak un peu de French. But I do NOT speak URN PEUR DER FRANCAAAAIIZZE. BAH! Quebecois. What is this madness? I'm adjusting, but ohhh so slowly. 

This last week was tons of fun! It was Sister Orozco's 21st birthday on Friday, so we went bar hopping!!! Just kidding. We went door hopping. Knocked for like three hours straight. Happy Birthday to you, Sister Orozco! ;) Ha ha don't worry, I treat my compies well. I took her out to get Thai food for dinner, so I'd say it was a decent 21st birthday. She really is such a delight, so we made it a fun day regardless. We met a 50 year old man in his underwear in the hallway of his apartment building, which gave us a good laugh. He wasn't interested in the gospel. Mostly just us. Still, it was proof that God has a sense of humor and knew what would give Sister Orozco a good laugh on her birthday! Lolz. On Sunday I went to my first French ward, and WOW. What a difference! I am in love with my ward already though. I just sat there taking in all of the French, finally feeling like I'm in a French speaking mission. Such a magical experience. My French comprehension just went out the window though... PRAY FOR ME!

Well, I guess I'm going to wrap this little slice of news up by telling you all how much I love you! Thank you for the continued prayers and support. I definitely feel it. I hope everyone is doing sooo great! I hope you all had a fabulous week and will have an even better week this week! Wow, time is just cruising by! I love you all and miss you so much it hurts! Big bises! LOVES!

Love,

Sis Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment