Monday, June 10, 2013

Away from Montreal


Hello, kindreds and friends! How is my favorite crew doing? I can't even BEGIN to describe how much I miss everyone! So first of all, let's start off with the big news. I'm being TRANSFERRED! To Quebec City!!! Nervous does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling about all of this. For the last four months I've been living the dream in Montreal, and as of Saturday night I've been moping around and driving my poor companion crazy! Ha ha President Cannon called and said I had been in Montreal long enough. I beg to differ, but it's whatever. I'm sooo thrilled for my companion though, because she's going to be getting a new baby greenie to train and I'm going to become a grandma! I'm torn but the fact that I have to leave behind some amazing investigators and ward members, but I'm leaving the area that Sister Cantu and I opened so long ago in the bitter winter in good hands. And now it's away to Quebec City! Land of really hard French and devoutly Catholic French-Canadians. PRAY FOR ME! Ha ha. My new companion will be Sister Orozco, who coincidentally was Sister Varela's companion in the MTC, trained by none other than Sister Landeen, MY MTC companion! Small world! I'll have some big shoes to fill in that area. 

So this week was FAB-U-LOUS! I had my first baptism this week and it could not have been more perfect. We baptized a nine-year-old boy in the ward whose Mom recently started coming back to church after nine years. He is the sweetest and most brilliant kid. It was a wonderful day for everyone. I'm really proud of his decision, and I couldn't help but feel a little emotional realizing that I won't be able to see my little baby Lily get baptized. My companion and I sang the "I like to look for rainbows" song, which was by far my favorite as a kid. Very tender. Overall a wonderful day! 

After the baptism we went out on a "date" with my favorite investigator Vince. We went and got Thai food and the most amazing pie from a place called Rockaberry's. He really is such a delight. We had a good heart to heart with him about all of the changes he needs to make in his life. His story is an interesting one, and he has come such a long way since the day I knocked his door. I'm really sad to be leaving him, and he was very distraught all throughout sacrament meeting when I told him I was going. He has a good heart. You get very attached to people out here because you see them the way God sees them. Every time I feel like I'm not good enough because of my mistakes, I think of the way God sees all of His children, how He feels about the people we're teaching. That is a huge comfort. I love the perspective the mission gives you.

In other news... we had a contact-a-thon this week! It was the worst day of my life haha. Accosting people on the streets and on the metros ALL day! What a nightmare. I'm pretty sure the city of Montreal will want to ban missionaries after what we put everyone through. It was a fun day though. We knocked on a 90 year old Greek woman's door and got stuck in her house for a full hour. And she only spoke Greek. Ha ha I honestly had no idea what to do with myself. I was also hit on by a beautiful Tunisian man... sigh. I'm a missionary! I'm a missionary! If it's meant to be, I'll find him after the mission, right? I also got to drive a car for the first time since I left on my mission. WHAT A TRIP! I went on splits with the Sister Training Leader and she doesn't know how to drive, so I got to wreak havoc in Montreal with my driving skills. That will NEVER happen again. Ha ha I thought I was going to die! There may or may not be a dent in the side of her car now, but that's for me to know and for the new mission president to never find out... ;)

This morning we went to the Botanical Gardens for my last P-Day in Montreal. Sooooo gorgeous! We went with my FAVORITE young couple in the ward. Aaah. I'm going to miss them so much. They really are so wonderful and my mission would not be the same without them. I long for the day that I can visit Montreal as a non-missionary and finally get the chance to hold their beautiful baby... sigh... one day. Mission rules are tough! I will miss the Montreal ward so much! This weekend has definitely been bitter-sweet. Plenty of tears, but it's time for me to move on to a new place and stretch myself. Quebec City will be quite the adventure!

Well, I hope everyone has a fabulous week! HUGE SHOUT OUT to Jake and K.Lani this week! Congratulations on the big day! I hope everything goes well and that your wedding is FABULOUS! I have the invite hanging up above my desk and I am just soooo thrilled! Beautiful couple. Beautiful future babies. Can't wait! So sad I can't be there, but I'll be thinking about you all day! Anyway, I hope that summer is treating everyone well and that you are all soaking up the beautiful summer days! I know I am. Peace and blessings! Love you and miss you all! The next time you hear from me I will be a true Quebecoise... can't wait!

Love,

Sister Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment