Monday, February 24, 2014

Marriage Is What Brings Us Together Today

Hello, babelets!
How is my sweet American dream doing? I miss you all dearly and I hope you are surviving the dregs of winter! Lucky for you, spring seems to get started on its way in March. I think we still have a good two months to go, but it's not nearly as cold as usual. In any case, I hope you are all doing well and loving life!

This week was comme ci comme ca. On Monday I spent the entire day sleeping and watching church movies, which would have been nice if I wasn't feeling so darn sick. Thank you for all of your prayers though! I know they helped. :) Around 8 o'clock on Monday I had just about had it with the fever and the chills and not being capable of eating my Korean Ramen noodles or any of my usual foods, so we decided to call the elders for a blessing. At exactly 10:30 at night the APs and the Zone Leaders showed up. PARTY! Ha ha. I am so blessed. We felt super weird having four men in our apartment after bedtime, but I desperately needed the blessing, so it was worth it. Even if the apartment smelled like elders for days afterward.

The next morning I felt that I had made a full and complete recovery, aka, it was our temple trip on Tuesday and there was no way on earth I was going to miss it. So at 7am I found myself on the metros, hacking up a lung and shivering to death, but I tell you, the minute I walked into those temple doors I felt completely healed. And continued to feel that way during the three plus hours I spent sitting in the Celestial Room. It was such an incredible experience! We even did a session in French! Thank you, gift of tongues. :) Our district went to the 9 o'clock session to beat the enormous crowd of missionaries coming in at 11 o'clock, but the sisters I was with decided to wait for the other missionaries in the Celestial Room. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I sat and watched dozens of missionaries fill the room, some I hadn't seen in months and months. I think I know what heaven must be like! It was also my year in the field mark, and who did I see but Sister Murdoch and Sister Landeen! I hadn't seen Sister Murdoch since June! I gave her a huge hug and just could NOT stop smiling! It will definitely be a day I will never forget. Ahhhh. I love being a missionary! We had such an incredible day at the temple, and I vowed to myself that I will NEVER go a year without visiting the temple ever again. The minute I walked out the doors, however, I was horribly sick and exhausted. Worth it? So definitely worth it.

N'inquietez pas, mes biches! I went to the doctor and got antibiotics to treat what turned out to be a bad sinus infection progressing toward... pneumonia! Haha. In a couple months I have to go back and get the pneumonia vaccine, but I should be healed soon! Thanks for your love and care. :) 

This Saturday we got to go to a WEDDING! It was so beautiful and fantastic. I was supposed to sing at the ceremony but my voice sounded disgusting, so no fame for me. I was pretty devastated, but the wedding was super fun and we met a lot of great people, nonmembers, and less actives we've been looking for but haven't been able to find! Needless to say, we saw a lot of miracles this week. On Saturday we also helped one of my very favorite less active women do her genealogy, and we saw miracles GALORE doing that! Cool stuff happening. The work is hastening! I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to be a part of all of these exciting changes. Good things are happening here in Montreal!

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week! I pray for you loved ones on the daily and hope that you know just how much I MISS YOU! No worries though, we'll be seeing each other so very, very soon. I can't even believe it! For now, have an exceptional week and take great care! Love you forever! Until next time,

Soeur Cutler

No comments:

Post a Comment