Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Week That Was


Bonjourrr! Hello lovers and friends! Did you miss me? Now, before you get yourselves all worked up, let me just dispel any rumors that I was abducted by a group of tall, dark, and scruffy maple syrup guzzling hockey players in the metro. Actually, maybe I'll just stick to that story... the alternative is not nearly as glamorous. Truth be told, last P-Day I was stranded in my apartment with a sick greenie, a couple boxes of Mac & Cheese, and a copy of Legacy to keep me entertained. PARTAY! I actually did manage though in the midst of all of this to smuggle four elders into our apartment, so I'd say my "elderless" P-Day was still a success! Scandalous, I know. Ha ha no, my sweet little compy needed a blessing, and they ended up leaving their man stink behind for the rest of the day, so it wasn't as exciting as it sounds. I hope everyone had a great couple of weeks! Mother's Day was a dream... talking to my family gave me a new lease on life. Seriously, the best.

So this week was hoppin. I honestly don't even know where to begin or what would even interest people because I feel like I live on a different planet! Aaah. Okay, so first of all, I had a premonition. A few nights ago I woke from the strangest dream. The following morning as I was "exercising" I  told compy that I had a dream that I was pregnant, and I was like, "Seriously, what am I supposed to make of this?" And she's like, "You have GOT to be kidding me... my companion is losing it." Well, it turns out I'm more in tune with things than people give me credit for. I'm having a baby! Ha ha I tease, I tease. But later that day I found out that we're getting a mini missionary this week! So I'm taking that as a sign from the universe. Pretty cool, eh? We have a cute girl from the Chinese branch coming to serve with us for the next few days. Wish me luck! We're excited.

In other news, I am currently teaching a Jehovah's Witness who is Greek and gorgeous but TOTALLY off limits. For several reasons, obviously. But it's still fun, nevertheless. My investigators are seriously the coolest people! This week my fave investigator bought us Italian food, and last week he rented Million Dollar Baby, Taken, and Mercy for us to watch. I was so heartbroken when I had to tell him that this was WAY off limits. But then I was like, "What on earth made you think we would want to watch Taken anyway?" And he's like, "I was trying to send you girls a message so that you would stop going on the metros and going to dangerous areas at night." Ha ha. Like that'll ever happen. I live and BREATHE the soft stench of the metros! Wouldn't have it any other way. Yesterday Sister Varela and I were harassed by a couple of guys when we were out after dark, but they were obviously high and obviously in need of the gospel. He told me he wanted me to be his personal mentor. Lately we've been running into men who want to meet with either me alone or Sister Varela alone, and to be honest, I'm tired of all the dates. I am seriously going to have no patience for dating once I get home if it keeps on being this way.

Other than that, our week went soooo well! We met and exceeded some of our goals, so today we're treating ourselves to frozen yogurt. I haven't had frozen yogurt since I left Utah, so I'm out of my mind excited. Normally I managed to get free frozen yogurt a few times a week back home when I went on dates, so now I'm going to have to pay for myself. New experiences happening everyday out here, that's for sure. Ha ha last Saturday we also got to go party at the mission home for Phillipino family home evening. MY FAVE! Phillipinos are obviously my favorite people out here. This morning I also decided to do service for P-day. The Mormons and the Jews and the HIndus in the area teamed up for an Inter-Faith Eco-Action project for Victoria Day, so I spent the better part of the morning picking up cigarette butts and saving them for later. Can't wait! Ha ha but really, this community is the best. I can't get enough of the diversity out here! I'm loving every minute with this crazy bunch.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a glorious week! Soak up the sun or rain or whatever it is you're having! Go watch The Great Gatsby or Star Trek in my honor. I will try to remain happy with The Joseph Smith Movie or The Testaments. Mmmm... love me some steamy Nephite! If anyone wants to send me the Emma Smith movie, I will love you forever. God bless you all! Sending all of my love and joy your way!

Love,

Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment