Friday, February 15, 2013

The Prison on 9th


Ha ha just stole the title for this email from Daniel. LOVE IT. My goodness, this week has gone by incredibly fast! In just three more days I'll be hopping on an airplane bright and early Monday morning. I don't know what I'm going to do without all of my MTC eye candy, but I can't wait to get out to the field and find out just how cold Montreal really is. Think warm thoughts for me! Happy V-day yesterday! Single Awareness Day at the MTC is REAL. So many tears. From me, mostly. It's all good. I can go 18 months without affection... right, right?!
Shout out to my mom, grammie Nelson, Andrew, and the Sanfords for sending me so many great things for Valentine's Day! Bartering with treats in the MTC is like bartering for things with cigarettes in prison, so I have been so very blessed by my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times! And thank you to those who have sent me letters. It's so wonderful to know about the outside world and to feel your love and be called Sylvia instead of Sis Cut. I had to carve my name into the white cinderblock walls of my residence just to remember that I have a past self.
I can't believe just how many things can happen in one week as a missionary! I'll try to share everything that I can. So apparently Sunday is supposed to be the best day ever at the MTC? False. I spent the whole day in leadership meetings, and have never prayed for a tempest so desperately in all of my life. It was just a rough day, but my companion is a saint. She let me vent and cry the whole night long. i seriously love that girl. We are having the time of our lives in this minimum security prison full of the most beautiful young elders I have ever seen. Leaving is going to be so rough for me, but French Canadians will definitely suffice.
My district is such a riot, and I don't think I would have survived the MTC without them. I am fairly certain that Elder Gunther from Germany and Elder Augusto from Portugal are having serious companionship issues over me. I told Elder Augusto that he only wants to marry me for his green card, but I think Elder Gunther's love is definitely sincere. Elder Augusto is always nervously clucking, "Aaah... womans... WOMANS!" at me, as well as, "Don't play, just love!" ha ha seriously, he is golden. He sent me a Dear Jane this week. It reads: "Dear Jane, IS OVER! GET OUT FROM MY HEAD!!! With love, wait a second, without any love, Andre Augusto." Ha ha what a gem! If only you could know what his adorable Portuguese accent sounds like, it would make it ten times better. My favorite elder is Elder Gunther. The other day he looks at me in all seriousness and says, "Sister Cutler, Ich have quvestion for you." "Yes, Elder Gunther?" "Vell, I have vord..." "Okay, what is it?" "Vhat mean... hoochie mama?' HA HA HA without missing a beat, I look at him and say, "Well, you're looking at one." The whole district was on the floor in tears. Now I've been nicknamed "Number One Hoochie Mama" in my district. Aaah. The things that suddenly become funny when you're a missionary. My other favorite line from Elder Gunther this week: "Qvick! District Leader iz gone! Letz make a party!" ha ha ohhh my sweet, sweet elders. I'm going to miss my district so much. The elders are incredible and have such amazing testimonies. It's nice to be with men that aren't your average Utah County 19 year old. The other elder in my district is a soft-spoken man from Haiti. He grew up on the streets as a kid but found his way to the gospel. He is such an amazing person and has the strongest, most loving heart. He embodies the very definition of brotherly kindness and has the warmest soul.
The sisters in my district are completely wonderful. I love them more than anything and hate that we only get two weeks together. The German sisters are a blast and I just can't help but smile when I'm around them. So much love for my district! The MTC has been a great experience for me. It's like the EFY I never had!
 
The sisters have done a wonderful job in putting up with my shenanigans. There's this six foot five Chilean elder in our zone that I lovingly refer to as Elder Tall, Dark, and Handsome, or Elder Nephi, as he is large in stature and highly favored of Sister Cutler. Anyway, the other day we were sitting in class and in walks Elder Nephi. He says, "Hey sisters, I have a question for you. Would any of you like a kiss?" Without a moment of hesitation, I cried "YES!" with a little too much enthusiasm. Turns out he just wanted to give us Hershey's kisses. Whoops. He did secretly give me two kisses though because he thinks I'm funny. Since then I have been lording it over my district the rest of the week. My companion is at her wits' end. The other night out of nowhere she cried in full exasperation, " I swear, if ONE MORE ELDER looks at Sister Cutler with lust in his eyes, he should be thrust down to hell!" Ha ha I really love her. My poor sweet sister friend has been putting up with a lot of sassiness as of late. Before anyone gets any ideas, my heart is sooo locked down and I am definitely not encouraging the elders. I promise. But I can't help it that I'm popular.
 
Today has been great. I just got back from the temple and I saw Sister Maxwell! It was so wonderful to see someone I love from the outside world! Yesterday i got to take a sister to the student health clinic down the street, and it was the happiest day of my life. I'm so glad I got to roam the streets of P-town one last time before I leave for Montreal. The MTC has been wonderful. Next time you hear from me I'll probably be freaking out a bit, so send me those sweet, sweet vibes! Being coordinating sister has been great. I have loved getting to know all of the girls and serve at the MTC in this way. I get out of class a lot. So many great perks! :)
 
I love you all so much and hope you are doing well! Missing you!
 
Peace and blessings, peace and blessings.
 
With all of my love,
 
Sister Cutler


No comments:

Post a Comment